PIL bowling, cross country seasons begin
Oct. 10-11, 1950
The Portland Interscholastic League cross country and bowling seasons will begin Thursday, Oct. 12. In bowling, each school will enter a five-man team.
• Shotguns — for deer and elk hunters — are on sale at Meier & Frank downtown for $80 to $255.
• Reserved seats at Saturday's Oregon State-Washington football game at Multnomah Stadium are $3 at J.K. Gill Co. downtown.
• The National Boxing Club launches its winter season at the Portland auditorium before a crowd of 1,237 on a Tuesday night.
• Willamette University wins 19-6 at Chico State in a Tuesday night football game. The Bearcats are about to dedicate their new McCulloch Stadium at a Saturday game in Salem against Hawaii. The Willamette-Hawaii series began in Honolulu on Dec. 6, 1941, the day before the attack on Pearl Harbor.
• In the Coast Hockey League, the Portland Eagles win 7-2 on the road against the Vancouver Canucks. The following day, the Eagles acquire right winger Blinky Boyce from Cleveland.