Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT

MORE STORIES


No injuries from fire that was caused by a homeowner leaving epoxy unattended

COURTESY PHOTO: LAKE OSWEGO FIRE - A fire was contained to a garage early Monday morning near downtown Lake Oswego.A "well-involved" garage fire was contained by Lake Oswego firefighters early Monday morning on 3rd Street near the downtown area.

According to Lake Oswego Fire Marshal Gert Zoutendijk, the fire — which was reported around 5:50 a.m. — was caused by a resident mixing epoxy and leaving it unattended for a short period of time.

"(The) fire was extinguished quickly while LOPD went to neighboring homes to evacuate people as a precaution," Zoutendijk said in an email. "No injuries, but we did have someone drive over our fire hose that was connected to the fire hydrant at 2nd and B, damage the hose and putting our firefighters at risk."

LOFD estimated that the fire caused about $35,000 in damage.


Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine