Reminder: The 12th Annual Siren Nation Music and Arts Festival, supporting the women empowering Siren Nation, takes place through Nov. 13, featuring a musical lineup and more. It'll be held at various venues. For complete info: www.sirennation.org. Event tickets are sold via venue websites.
The company is producing two new shows by Ben Moorad from his "Envelope of Suicides" project, which teaches about human struggle; he performs with actors and musicians. They are "The Art of Blushing" and "The Lazarus Complex," Thursdays-Saturdays, Nov. 8-17, at Shout House, 210 S.E. Madison St. Tickets: $15-$25, www.hand2mouththeatre.org.
'Mystery Science Theater 3000'
Reminder: The 30th anniversary tour stops for two shows, 7 and 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9 at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway. The former TV show gained fame for its mocking of movies. Live on stage, it'll include the screening of a B-movie, hilarious riffing, wisecracking robots and silly sketches. Tickets: www.portland5.com.
The comedian is on "The Dream Tour," having recently finished shooting his new Netflix series "Huge in France," the story of his life, career and move from France to the United States.
8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, Newmark Theatre, 1111 S.W. Broadway, portland5.com, $35-$45
Polaris Dance Theatre examines the art of listening and hearing what our president says and what he means, a subject close to the heart of artistic director Robert Guitron. It's a dance commentary on galvanizing views and conflicting opinions in the current political climate.
7:30 p.m. Fridays, Nov. 9 and 16, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturdays, Nov. 10 and 17, Polaris Dance Theatre, 1826 N.W. 18th Ave., www.polarisdance.org, $25, $20 child/senior
• Portland Youth Philharmonic opens its 95th season with "The Far West" by famed African-American composer William Grant Still, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway. Tickets: $5-$60, www.portlandyouthphil.org.
• The Metropolitan Youth Symphony presents "Viva Italia," 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway. Tickets: $11-$40, www.playmys.org.
'Tangueros del Sur'
White Bird Dance presents Natalia Hills and a 16-member ensemble of dancers on a Portland stage.
7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway, www.whitebird.org, starting at $26
Northwest Senior Theatre
The group puts on "Twas the Daze Before Christmas," 2 p.m. Nov. 14-18 at Alpenrose Dairy Opera House, 6149 S.W. Shattuck Road. Tickets: $5 at door.
Portland Book Festival
The festival takes place Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Portland Art Museum, 1219 S.W. Park Ave., and other nearby venues. For more: literary-arts.org, or our story at portlandtribune.com.
Also, "Live Wire With Luke Burbank," the Portland Book Festival edition, takes place at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St. Tickets: $20, livewireradio.org.
• Start preparing for next camping season at the Fall RV Show of Shows, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, Nov. 8-10, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, at Expo Center, 2060 N. Marine Drive. Tickets: $7-$9, $10 parking , www.expocenter.org.
• The science fiction and fantasy convention Orycon 40 draws star-seekers and dreamers to Red Lion Jantzen Beach, 909 N. Hayden Island Drive, Friday-Sunday, Nov. 9-11. For complete info: www.40.orycon.org.
• In the Portland Podcast Festival, celebrate the world of the recorded spoken word, with podcasters performing live on two days at two venues, Landmark Saloon, 4847 S.E. Division St., on Friday, Nov. 9, and Hawthorne Theatre, 1507 S.E. Cesar Chavez Blvd., on Saturday, Nov. 10. For complete info: www.pdxpodfestival.com.
• About 600 wines and foods from 50 restaurants will be at the Northwest Food and Wine Festival, 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Oregon Convention Center, 777 N.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. For more: www.nwwinefestival.com.
• "National Geographic Live — Live on the Vertical" features the photos of Mark Synnott, who's a big-wall rock climber in search of rare species. Details: 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 12, Newmark Theatre, 1111 S.W. Broadway, www.portland5.com, $27.25-$47.25.
• The Portland Veterans Day Parade begins at 9:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 12, on Northeast Sandy Boulevard in the Hollywood District. For info: www.veteransdaypdx.org.