Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• Guitarist/producer David Torn has won a Grammy Award with Jeff Beck and worked with David Bowie and John Legend and others, while also making soundtracks for the Coen Brothers and others. He'll play Holocene, 1001 S.E. Morrison St., with his Sun of Goldfinger band, 8 p.m. Thursday, March 14. Tickets: $15, www.holocene.org.
• Eclectic artist Ruthie Foster, who blends soul, blues, rock, folk and gospel, performs at Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., 8 p.m. Friday, March 15. Tickets: $30, $38 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com.
• Sarah Brightman has a new CD, "Hymn." The star soprano performs at Keller Auditorium, 222 S.W. Clay St., 8 p.m. Friday, March 15. Tickets: starting at $50, www.portland5.com.
• Roots artist Lindi Ortega joins singer/songwriter Dar Williams for a show at Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 N.E. Alberta St., 8 p.m. Saturday, March 16. Tickets: $35, $40 at door, www.albertarosetheatre.com.
• Known as "the soul of Spanish guitar," Pablo Villegas performs music inspired by Iberian composer Isaac Albeniz. He'll appear at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway, 7:30 p.m. Saturday-Monday, March 16-18, presented by the Oregon Symphony. Tickets: starting at $24, www.orsymphony.org.
• Two-time Grammy Award winner Tori Kelly comes to Portland on her "The Acoustic Sessions" tour, playing at the Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St., 8 p.m. Sunday, March 17. Tickets: $32.50, $40 day of show, www.crystalballroompdx.com.
• Broadway actress (and Idaho native) Morgan James also writes and sings and has drawn acclaim for a personalized cover of The Beatles' "White Album." She plays Mississippi Studios, 3939 N. Mississippi Ave., 8 p.m. Tuesday, March 19. Tickets: $25, $30 day of show, www.mississipppistudios.com.
• The New York Times described Isaac Mizrahi as a "founding father of Alt Cabaret," and he'll bring his act "I&Me" — he's a fashion icon, singer, storyteller and raconteur — to Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 20. Tickets: $55, www.revolutionhall.com.
• "West Coast High," a tour by Cypress Hill and Hollywood Undead, stops at Crystal Ballroom, 1332 W. Burnside St., 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 20. Tickets: $34.50, $40 at door, www.crystalballroompdx.com. "Elephants on Acid" is Cypress Hill's first album in a decade.