Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• Portland parks are filled with music in the summer, and a busy next week features: Chervona, Aug. 8, Wellington Park; Portland Festival Symphony, Aug. 10, Laurelhurst Park; Festival Latino/Orquestra Pacifico Tropical, Aug. 10, Cully Park; Portland Festival Symphony, Aug. 11, Peninsula Park. Concerts start at 6:30 p.m. For more (and a complete list of future shows): www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/69555.
• It's a busy month at the Oregon Zoo, 4001 S.W. Canyon Road. Some shows are sold out (Lord Huron and Shakey Graves, Aug. 9), but tickets remain for the following in the next week: "One Nation Under a Groove Tour," George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, Aug. 10; Steve Earle and the Dukes and Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real, Aug. 11; the second Lord Huron and Shakey Graves concert, Aug. 12; and Feist, Aug. 13. For info/tickets: www.zooconcerts.com.
• The William Byrd Festival celebrates the historic composer with concerts Aug. 9-25. It's been a Portland summer event since 1998, and English conductor and organist Mark Williams returns to team with Ross Duffin, a popular NPR host, and choir Cantores in Ecclecia (led by Blake Applegate) in the three-week festival of Renaissance music. Concerts take place at The Old Church and elsewhere. For full info: byrdfestival.org. For tickets: $20-$25, www.brownpapertickets.com.
• Shawn Mullins ("Lullaby") returns to Portland to play the Aladdin Theater, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10. Tickets: $25, www.aladdin-theater.com.
• On her extended "Look Up Child" world tour, Lauren Daigle performs at the Moda Center, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10. Tickets: starting at $39, parking $13, www.rosequarter.com. She's a two-time Grammy Awards winner. Her new shows come after 53 sold-out performances on tour.
• Boz Scaggs and his "Out of the Blues" tour stops at Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13. Tickets: $69.50-$110, www.revolutionhall.com.
• Wiz Khalifa and his "The Decent Exposure" tour stop at Sunlight Supply Amphitheater in Ridgefield, Wash., 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14. Tickets: $18, www.sunlightsupplyamphitheater.com. He's joined by French Montana and others. His new mixtape is "Fly Times Vol. 1: The Good Fly Young."
Buy your tickets soon ...
• Lana Del Rey will perform at the Moda Center, Oct. 3. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, Aug. 9, at www.LiveNation.com.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)