Live Music: 3 Leg Torso, Tony Starlight and Ralph Huntley make music about presidents
Coming to venues this week (tickets still available at press time):
• The "Friends and Heroes" tour features country music star (and "The Voice" host) Blake Shelton, along with Lauren Alaina and appearances by The Bellamy Brothers, John Anderson and Trace Adkins. It'll stop at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at the Moda Center. Tickets start at $56, $25 parking, www.rosequarter.com.
• The Oregon Symphony, led by Norman Huynh, has two concerts this weekend: Celebrate Valentine's Day with "Casablanca in Concert," as the symphony plays the music from the Humphrey Bogart/Ingrid Bergman romance, which shows on the big screen, at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 1037 S.W. Broadway (starting at $30); and the symphony's pops concert, "The Music of John Williams," features music from "Star Wars" and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" and more, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at the Schnitz (starting at $24). For more: www.orsymphony.org.
• Blue Oyster Cult plays the Roseland Theater, 8 N.W. Sixth Ave., at 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15. Tickets: $35.50, www.roselandpdx.com.
• ZZ Ward, a Roseburg native, stops at Revolution Hall, 1300 S.E. Stark St., 9 p.m. Monday, Feb. 17, on her "Stardust Tour." Tickets: $30, www.revolutionhall.com. She recently released the single "Sex & Stardust."
• The band 3 Leg Torso, joined by Tony Starlight and Ralph Huntley, play a show called "Presidents of the Past," as they lampoon U.S. presidents of the 20th century and earlier through song, at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 17, at Lake Theater and Cafe, 106 N. State St., in Lake Oswego. For more: www.3legtorso.com.
• Skillet is a band of Christian musicians that has reached mainstream stardom with such hits as "Stars" (from the movie "The Shack"). The band returns to Portland to play the Roseland Theater, 8 N.W. Sixth Ave., at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19. Tickets: $35-$50, www.roselandpdx.com.
• All Classical Portland presents the annual Lovefest Concert, which includes top musicians and radio personalities, at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at the Newmark Theatre, 1111 S.W. Broadway. Tickets: $25-$65, www.portland5.com.
Buy your tickets soon ...
• John Legend will perform at Keller Auditorium on Sept. 14 on his "Bigger Love 2020 Tour." Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at www.LiveNation.com.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.