Oregon Hall of Fame to add class of five
The Oregon Sports Hall of Fame will have five new members after its 2018 induction ceremonies on Tuesday, Sept. 25, at Multnomah Athletic Club.
Voted in this year are:
• Columbia Sportswear, for special contribution to sports (Gert and Tim Boyle)
• Dan Jones, former multisport athlete at Marshall High and Lewis & Clark College
• Jim Joyce, longtime MLB umpire
• Steven Jackson, who starred at running back in the NFL and for Oregon State
• East Bank Saloon, entering the hall in the teams category for its achievements in masters basketball
This year's ceremony also will feature a special thank you to Bill Schonely, who has been the emcee since 1995 and will be taking his last turn in that role.
For more info and tickets, go to oregonsportshall.org.